Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
By viewing or accessing New In Bridge B.V.’s uBid.newinbridge.com website, and/or using New In Bridge B.V.’s products or services you expressly agree to the following Terms and Conditions detailed below. uBid is a product of New In Bridge B.V.
New In Bridge B.V. reserves the right to modify, alter and update the content of these Terms and Conditions at anytime.
Although New In Bridge B.V. attempts to ensure that all information contained on this website is error-free, we accept no liability for omissions, and reserve the right to change or alter the content of the site at anytime. New In Bridge B.V. does not make any warranty that the website is free from infection from viruses; nor does any provider of content to the site or their respective agents make any warranty as to the results to be obtained from use of the site.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL New In Bridge B.V. OR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDER OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE New In Bridge B.V.’S uBid.newinbridge.com WEB SITE, SOFTWARE AND/OR SERVICES, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Main functionalities and editorial content
As defined in Plans And Pricing per uBid package.
Availability of previous uBid versions
From launch date onwards, iOS uBid 1.2 and Android 1.2.1 are not available anymore and are replaced by uBid 2.0.
Compatibility of uBid 2.0
NewInBridge B.V.’s policy is that uBid only will run on handhelds that are supported by Apple and Google, meaning that respectively iOS and Android are still updated to fix errors and security vulnerabilities.As a consequence uBid 2.0 (Classic, Plus, Premium) will run only on any Android and iOS hand held mobile devices with iOS 8.0 & Android 4.0.3 and higher.
- If you are not able to upgrade your device to the required level contact and you have still playing time left and contact us via email@example.com. We are committed to resolve the issue.
Quality of service
NewInBridge B.V. thrives to offer high quality products and services. Nevertheless, we cannot rule out bugs or imperfections and we do not accept liability for potential omissions.
The service is provided “AS IS” because it is dependent on many components such as third party code components, performance of the handheld, operating system version, proper Internet connection, wireless transmission, notification systems run by Google and Apple which are not under control of NewInBridge B.V.
An extensive testing program is the only way to deal with this complexity: our developer has implemented a testing program based on automatic testing tools. But also for every main build more than 200 functions are tested by human testers.
The allow to send notifications permission is needed for operational reasons. Other permissions will be requested when needed. For instance uBid needs access to Photos when you want to upload an avatar.
uBid 2.0 has been beta-tested for at least 4 weeks by dozens of users. During this period we encountered a limited set of issues. Despite rigorous testing procedures, there will be always bugs, minor annoyances and consequently room for improvement.
It is in NewInBridge B.V.’s interest to solve these issues and we are committed to deliver continuous improvement.
We maintain a Known Issues list which can be viewed [link] here.
The software has been designed originally by an ISO 9001:2008 certified company.
New In Bridge B.V. might acquire personal information from you while using our products and/or services. In the context of this Privacy statement ‘personal information’ includes all data traceable to natural persons. We take your privacy seriously and we therefore take all necessary measures to prevent personal data from being lost or for being obtained illegally.
Use of data
- New In Bridge B.V. will at no time share Personal data with third parties.
- The NewInBridge B.V. NewInBridge support team has access to chat logs only for operational purposes.
- NewInBridge B.V. NewInBridge is allowed to publish your results under your nickname, but only if you gave explicitly gave your consent in the My Profile Permissions section.
- New In Bridge B.V. NewInBridge will analyse user auctions (for product improvement purposes only), but exclusively from disjunct anonymized data sets without chat logs, extracted from the production database.
- We use cookie technology for the sole purpose to improve our website.
- By using cookies we make sure the NewInBridge B.V.’s homepage is as friendly as possible. The cookies are being used to measure anonymous behavior in order to gain insight into how users use (parts of) the NewInBridge B.V.’s website, which enables us to improve our website. Furthermore, we offer the possibility to become a member of our social media channels and provide you with the opportunity to recommend us via these platforms.
- The enabling or the disabling of cookies can be adjusted via your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome). Deleting cookies is done via your browser as well. Furthermore, you can exactly select which you cookies you would like to accept and which cookies you would like to reject. Since the making of these adjustments can vary from browser to browser it might be helpful to use the ‘help’ function of your browser.
We employ the Analytics service provided by the US company Google. We use this service to keep track on how users use the website. Google is allowed to obtain access to this data if Google is obliged to do so by law. NewInBridge B.V.’s has no influence over this process. We have not allowed Google to use the obtained information for other services.
Social media buttons
On our website you will find buttons with which you can promote the website on social network platforms (e.g. a “like” on Facebook or a “Share” on Twitter). These buttons function with the help of pieces of code that are provided by these social platforms. We cannot block cookies from being placed by means of these codes. Please read the privacy statements of these platforms regularly, since they can be adjusted frequently.
Due to limitations of Apple’s and Google’s subscription systems and fixed pricing policy, we have implemented a special but fair way to enable upgrading during a paid period from a lower uBid plan to a higher plan. We just convert the remaining playing from the lower plan to the higher plan. Best to be explained by an example:
- Bill has paid 19,99 for one year uBid Classic and decides to upgrade to uBid Plus after 90 days.
- Bill purchases ‘upgrade to higher version’ for 9.99.
- uBid calculates the uBid playing time as follows:
- A uBid Classic user pays about 5 cents per day (19,99/365)
- So Bill has still budget to be reused for uBid Plus of (365-90)= 275 days * 0.05 = 13.75
- Bills budget for Plus is 13.75+9.99 = 23,74
- A uBid Plus user pays about 8 cent day (29.99/365)
- uBid sets playing for Plus 23.74/0.08 to 297 days
Common sense rules apply and instead of defining our own rules we just refer to some examples in the market.